The patented technology of FLEXLITE to create innovative energy efficient prismatic systems focuses on providing products with the following features:
- Light Collection. Obtain the greatest amount of natural light per square foot of skylight surface.
- Scattering. With the prismatic technology, achieve a uniform light pattern within the building, haze free, free of hot spots.
- Thermal Efficiency. Provide especially engineered roof mounting systems with fiberglass or galvanized steel curbs for every type of roofing system: metal standing seam, roof panel, concrete, or single-ply membrane.
- Airtightness. Provide especially engineered roof mounting systems with fiberglass or galvanized steel curbs for every type of roofing system: metal standing seam, roof panel, concrete, or single-ply membrane.
- Safety. High Impact Resistance, such as snow, hail, and fall protection.
- Durability. Component quality and performance are assured in accordance with international standards and codes.
The exterior design for FlexLite’s LUMINA® skylight offers ARMASHELL® glazing pattern providing a structural stable exterior protection, greatly enhancing impact resistance and increasing safety against fall risk.
The “bubble” shape of Flexlite’s LUMINA exterior glazing allows for a self-cleaning design against dust and mold build up.
The use of two or three glazing laminates provides optimal protection against solar heat build-up and transfer. Flexlite’s LUMINA skylights conform to standard R and U value codes.
The interior and exterior skylight frames are made of tempered architectural grade 6061 T6 extruded aluminum joined boltless by a snapping system allowing for a continuous weatherproof seal. No fasteners required. Once assembled, skylight will remain tightly joined together.
There is an interior gutter used for capturing and draining out condensates in cases of high moisture content. The use of fillings and sealant to the technology of glazing and window opening ensures the airtight coupling.